Sunday 1 July 2012

Bunk Mates The Sitcom

Right, time to start catching up with all the blog updates I've been forgetting about!

The first thing to mention is that thanks to my good friend and writing collaborator Fran Burton (Or F.J.Riley, if you prefer) I've finally got round to converting Bunk Mates into a sit-com. It actually started life as an intended sit-com many years ago, but then went the way of the comic strip (illustrated by Paul Harrison-Davies).

It was nice to get back to my Sit-com writing roots, and thanks to Fran the series has taken a slight detour from the original premise (it's now about a scientist-come-lazy bastard who's sharing a nuclear bunker with his almost ex-wife) which made it work better for screen.

The postman from the original comic strip still makes an appearance though, and it was good to weave him in there.

Anyway, here's hoping we manage to get some positive feedback from the BBC, as the last time I sent them a script they responded a few days later by putting on a documentary titled 'Death Of The Sit-com', which was a bit of an extreme reaction to my work I must admit.

No comments: